Industrial Development Program
Grants Program for Universities and Research Centers website (https://gpurc.kacst.edu.sa)
The Industrial Development Program is a new strategic program in the national research and development support ecosystem. It aims to support technology-based small and medium enterprises in the field of innovation, and to support research and development capabilities which will contribute to the local technological content in the Kingdom. The program will enhance the contribution of small and medium enterprises to local production by providing research grants aimed at creating and developing cost-effective technologies.
The program’s goals include the following:
- Promoting the competitiveness of advanced technologies in the private sector.
- Motivating technological innovation in small and medium enterprises to ensure sustainable growth.
- Increasing private sector share of innovative products.
- Finding research and development solutions to the challenges facing the private sector.
- Developing Saudi competencies to work in high technology fields.
The SME sector and researches in national research centers and universities can benefit from this program. The targeted KPIs by 2020 include: providing 300 technical solutions for companies, creating 300 jobs, registering 600 patents, and publishing 300 scientific papers in the program fields, namely: water, energy, oil and gas and minerals, petrochemicals and materials, health and medicine, space and aeronautics, agriculture and food-industries, building and construction, information and communication technologies, environment, defense and security, and transportation and logistics.