The King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) is a scientific government institution that supports and enhances scientific applied research. It coordinates the activities of government institutions and scientific research centers in accordance with the requirements of the development of the Kingdom. It also cooperates with the relevant authorities in identifying national priorities and policies in technology and science so as to build a scientific and technological basis that serves development in agriculture, industry, mining, etc. It also aims at developing national competences and recruiting highly qualified specialists to help develop and control modern technology in order to serve development in the Kingdom. KACST comprises all the requirements of scientific research, such as laboratories, means of communications, information sources and all necessary facilities.
To be a world-class organization in science and technology, fostering innovation and promoting a knowledge-based society in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The city works on the development and investment in the national system of science, technology and innovation, to promote the building of a knowledge-based society, which will serve the sustainable development of the Kingdom through the following functions and responsibilities:
- Formulating policies and national plans for science, technology and innovation
- Coordinating national activities in science, technology and innovation
- Providing support to scientific research and technological development in the Kingdom
- Conducting applied scientific research and technological development
- Developing and strengthening cooperation and local, regional, and international partnerships for technology transfer and development
- Investing in technology development and its commercial processing
- Sponsorship, promoting and investing in intellectual property
- Providing advice and innovative solutions
- Respect and appreciation showed to staff members
- Community service